Cold weather means that animals will be looking for a warm place to hide out until it passes. This makes not only your house, but your garage looks like a 5-star hotel with a vacancy sign in the window. Therefore, since your house is not, in fact, a 5-star hotel for pests, you need to take preventative measures to ensure rodents stay far away from your home!
When it comes to preventing rodents from entering one’s house or garage, there are only a few simple steps you need to take!
- Start by making sure all cracks and holes in the foundation around your house or garage are sealed off. Mice and rats can squeeze through tiny gaps; therefore, you must make sure you adequately cover and reseal any cracks.
- Make sure trash cans are covered and far away from the house.
- Clear any clutter inside your garage. This will further discourage mice and eliminate hiding spots.
- Make sure tree branches are not close to your home. Mice can scale these and will use these are ways of entering your house or garage from above! During the summer, make sure tree branches are trimmed.
If you already have a mice issue in your garage, follow these steps:
- Live traps: If you only have a few mice in your garage, steel cage traps will work great.
- Glue traps: Coated in an extremely sticky substance, glue traps will ensure any mouse caught will stay stuck. However, it can be seen as inhumane, so take caution if you have a weak stomach.
- Pedal Traps: A more traditional approach, pedal traps are basic and easy to use, providing quick, clean results. However, also take caution; it can be a little gross.
Professional Protection Against Rodents
Taking these steps will ensure that your house and garage remain rodent-free this Winter. In the event you encounter a pest issue, do not hesitate to call Accurate Pest Control! We will make sure your winter holidays are uninterrupted by rodents, without any unnecessary harm to you or your family! Our certified techniques have proven to be effective, even in the most infested locations. Call us today! If you want to figure out more about Accurate Pest Control, visit our About Us page!