Ensure Your Home is Pest Proof
With the colder months right around the corner, your warm house may become enticing to outdoor pests. Once inside your home, pests can cause serious damage to your home and you, so its time to pest proof.
Rodents are known to create their nests inside the walls of homes, chew on wires, and drywall, leaving your home in ruins. Smaller pests, such as cockroaches, can contaminate food, cause allergic reactions, and be poisonous.
Therefore, it is important you begin to pest proof your home. Taking precautions now can save you money and headaches this winter, and make sure your holidays are safe and happy!
8 Steps on How to Pest Proof
Listed below are pest control tips that anyone can follow to ensure their home is as secure as possible.
- Ensure that chimneys and attic vents have screens installed.
- Make sure screens are installed on all windows as well.
- Keep basements, garages, attics, and crawl spaces as dry as possible.
- Moisture will attract pests. Invest in dehumidifiers to ensure that these areas remain dry.
- Seal cracks and patch holes in the sides of your home using caulk or steel wool.
- Replace damaged weather-stripping and loose mortar around the house.
- Keep the kitchen clean, store food in air-sealed containers, and regularly remove the house’s garbage.
- Regularly cleaning up after eating a meal is also wise and will enhance all other pest control measures.
- Avoid leaving pet food dishes out for long periods.
- Pests are attracted to all types of food.
- Before bringing packages left outside inside; inspect them for any lurking pests.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Wood not only holds moisture but is also a perfect hiding place for pests.
- Ensure your home’s drainage system is adequate and functional.
- A proper drainage system will assist in removing moisture from your home.
Pest control can be challenging to keep up, so if pests do find its way into your house, do not hesitate to reach out to us! We will make sure your winter holidays are uninterrupted by rodents, without any unnecessary harm to you or your family! Our certified techniques have proven to be effective, even the most infested of locations! Call us today and find out how we can make sure your holiday season is 100% pest proof! If you want to figure out more about Accurate Pest Control, visit our About Us page.